MOORLAND MEDICAL CENTRE FLU CAMPAIGN 2020-21
This year we have to factor in social distancing into our flu vaccination schedule and so we are introducing new systems to keep everyone safe. This year there will be lots of safe options, and all patients MUST pre-book an appointment slot in advance.
Everyone eligible needs to pre-book an appointment at the surgery or follow one of the options below.
Appointment at the surgery
We will be holding clinic sessions 3-4 times a week from Wednesday 30th September 2020. Each appointment will be 10 minutes with a dedicated Nurse, this is to allow additional time for PPE preparation and cleaning. There will be a one way system. Entry to the surgery will be by the front door and exit by the back door. For those patients with a disability please ring the back doorbell and we will attend to you.
- Please do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of Coronavirus or if you have been told to isolate (e.g. high temp, continuous cough, loss of taste or smell). Please cancel your appointment and rearrange when you are feeling well.
- To arrive on your own unless accompanied by a carer or you have an appointment at the same time as your family member
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- Please wear a face covering. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please be prepared to provide evidence of this.
- Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself know to the queue marshall who will be wearing a luminous yellow jacket.
- Please wear suitable clothing so that the Nurse can administer the vaccination easily to your upper arm
- Depending on the weather, please be prepared for bad weather and remain in your car and come to the front door as close to your appointment time as possible
- Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.
Home visits are available - for medically housebound patients only upon request. Please ring the surgery to have your name added to the home visit list.
How to book: If you are eligible: · Please telephone Reception any week day to book your flu vaccination on 01538 399008.
If you are aged 50-64: If you do not have a long term condition, you shall only become eligible later in the season. We will text or email you when further details are announced, so please let us know if you recently changed your mobile number. Details will also be on our website and Facebook page. How to decline: If you already know that you don’t want a flu vaccine at all please email or ring the surgery to tell us on either email@example.com or 01538 399008
Who should get the flu vaccine? This year the flu vaccine is being offered on the NHS to:
- adults 65 and over (including anyone who will be 65 by the 31st March 2021)
- people with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
- pregnant women
- CARERS - including people living with someone who's at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2020
- children in primary school (n.b. these vaccines are available via the school ONLY)
- children in year 7 (secondary school) (n.b. these vaccines are available via the school ONLY)
- frontline health or social care workers
I am aged 50-64, am I also now eligible? Later in the year, the flu vaccine is expected to be able to be given to people aged 50 to 64. More information will be available to the 50-64 ‘newly eligible’ patients later in the autumn and until then, are only available booked by those patient who are already eligible.
- If you're aged 50 to 64 but also in another at-risk group, you should book for your flu vaccine and not wait
- If you’re aged 50 to 64 and were not already in an at risk group, please ensure the practice has a correct mobile number or email address for you, as details will be sent by text about the availability of additional vaccines later in the season.
I am almost 65, am I eligible now? Yes. As with previous years, anyone who will be 65 years old by the 31st March 2021 will be entitled to receive a flu vaccine from the 65+ supply even before they physically turn 65.